The benchmark for handled ascenders has been refined to provide greater comfort; efficiency, ease of use. The ergonomically shaped grip is over molded with rubber for greater friction and the broader surface provides greater comfort while pulling on the ascender. The grip is wider at the bottom providing better comfort for your hand during use. The index finger indent has also been increased offering greater efficiency when pulling on the ascender. The trigger to open/close the cam is now recessed inside the frame to avoid accidentally opening the cam while in use. The cam has been redesigned to minimize friction when sliding the ascender along the rope while the angled teeth provide secure grip in the worst conditions (wet, icy, or on muddy ropes). The geometry of the single piece aluminum frame ensures optimal handle orientation when the device is loaded and will maintain solid, comfortable performance even after thousands of meters of jugging.
- Molded grip provides even greater comfort with a more ergonomically shaped handle. This new shape keeps your hand from sliding to the bottom of the frame each time you pull on the ASCENSION. The bi-material handle includes a rubber over molded grip increasing the comfort and your grip in wet or icy conditions.
- Chrome-plated steel cam with angled teeth and self-cleaning slot securely grips the rope, even in muddy or icy conditions
- Mono-frame construction eliminates weaknesses and keeps the ascender lightweight and durable for years of use
- Multiple attachment points allow for different uses (e.g. self-belaying, haul systems, etc)
For your reassurance when buying from us, once this item has been purchased the item cannot be returned for either an exchange or refund. This is to ensure that all Personal protection Items are brand new and have not been used; dropped or damaged that may hinder your safety. This is in relation to Health & Safety PPE. This does not affect you statutory rights.
Weight: 195 g
For use with ropes between 8 and 13 mm in diameter
Materials: aluminum frame, chrome-plated steel cam, rubber over molded plastic grip, nylon catch
- black frame with orange handle (left)
- gray frame with orange handle (right)
CE / UIAA