The safe, non-flammable, concentrated high performance protection that can be applied to wet or dry synthetic weatherproof textiles including tents, awnings, marquees, rucksacks, panniers, camera bags and parasols. Provides superior waterproofing and doubles the useful life of fabrics by protecting against UV damage. WaterBased and fluorocarbon free.
All gear made from synthetic weatherproof textiles including tents, awnings, marquees, rucksacks, panniers, camera bags and parasols.
Product Size Guide
*The surface areas of different items will vary. Check that you have enough product to cover the area you are treating before you begin.
Only the 500ml comes with the spray head.
- Adds durable water repellency to tents and outdoor gear.
- Protects against UV degradation. One application can double the effective life of your gear.
- Lightweight concentrated formula for easy transport and storage.
- Gear dries quickly for packing away.
- Easy to use formula that can be applied quickly to wet fabrics.
- Safe. WaterBased, non-flammable and free of harmful solvents and fluorocarbons.
Concentrated Tent and Gear SolarProof should be diluted with water before use. Add 2 parts product to 5 parts water and mix well. For best results always clean item(s) first. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
- Erect tent OR protect working surface and lay clean item flat.
- Apply diluted product evenly to outside of fabric with a spray, brush or sponge (avoid rucksack straps). For large items apply in sections.
- As you treat the fabric, remove any surplus product with a damp cloth.
- Check carefully to ensure no areas have been missed.
- Use approximately 50ml of diluted product per 1m2 of fabric. The coverage is approximate and depends on the condition of the fabric being treated.
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax® Tech Wash®. Do not use detergents. To waterproof cotton, polycotton or canvas use Nikwax Cotton Proof.